Environmental sustainability and limiting your impact on the ecosystem starts at home. Now, home water treatment systems make it easier than ever – and more affordable than the alternative bottled water – to live a sustainable lifestyle.
Bottled water used to be a viable quality water source available for homeowners, but the negative effects of plastic waste on the environment continue add up, along with continuous costs.
Homeowners can now use whole house water treatment systems like ultrafiltration to maximize purity and safety while minimizing environmental impact.
Three benefits from stopping use of plastic bottled water
- Plastic waste from bottled water accounts for a large landfill impact and strain on recycling resources.
- Large-scale manufacturing and distribution of bottled water has been criticized for harming natural water sources.
- Transportation of bottled water from the plant, to the store, to your home adds a larger carbon footprint with every step.
Going green: four more benefits of eco-friendly in-home water treatment
In the past, it has been difficult or impossible to find a method for matching the quality of bottled water at home. Now, water treatment systems allow you to have extremely high-quality water right from your kitchen sink in a way that’s better for the environment and reduces your carbon footprint.
Home water treatment systems can eliminate the need and costs for bottled water (and resulting plastic waste) by filtering your tap water in a variety of ways that improve taste and reduce contaminants.
- Systems are tested against our rigorous quality control standards, reducing future maintenance requirements, and ensuring they are long-term solutions.
- Systems with less frequent filter changes will reduce the amount of filter waste being sent to landfills.
- In-home treatment keeps water-using appliances cleaner, ensuring they last longer and operate more efficiently.
- Cleaner surfaces and laundry require less chemicals and cleaning products
Environmentally-friendly water treatment solutions for your home
Reverse osmosis systems
RO systems utilize a semi-permeable membrane that purifies your water to an even further extent than most water bottled water.
- Filters out contaminants at the atomic level
- Removes lead, chromium, arsenic, and other heavy metals
Whole home filtration systems
Antunes Water VZN systems are ideal method for cleaning water of suspended solids and chemical contamination while preserving essential minerals such as calcium and sodium for taste.
- Ultra filter reduces particles as small as 0.015 microns (5,000 times smaller than the width of a human hair)
- Auto cleaning back flush extends ultra filter life up to 3 years
- High capacity carbon filter eliminates chlorine/chloramines, taste, and odor, and lasts one year
Water softener systems
Water softener systems remove hardness from water, eliminating the potential for scale to form on your appliances.
- Extends appliance life by reducing scale
- Makes heating elements more efficient, driving down energy costs
- Eliminates tough-to-clean scale residue on surfaces, fixtures, and laundry
Any of these three systems can improve the sustainability of your water supply, but they work most effectively together.
Sustainability and Water Treatment Solutions for Your Home
Implementing high-performance and reliable water treatment systems is a great way of providing your home with clean, purified water. Even better is the fact that you can have a positive impact on the environment at the same time.
Antunes Water offers the VZN ultrafiltration system, water softener systems, and a 5-stage residential reverse osmosis system to fulfill all of your water treatment needs.
To learn more about how Antunes Water can help you, contact us today.